Monday, August 7, 2017

August Time! Week #51

Hey!

I'm doing really well thanks for asking! On Monday I wasn't dry but now I am! Its only rained one other day this week, yesterday for a little while. But I can't complain, I love the thunderstorms here! We've been trying to catch some cool pictures of the lightning but we haven't had any luck 😂 But we did manage to catch a huge scorpion! It was at a members house, we were with a priest and he caught it. I've seen lots of scorpions here but not one this big! It freaked me out when I saw it at first, I'm not much for creepy crawlers. Here is a picture! Oh and funny you mention me not biking, well I biked some this week! We are desperately trying to find people to teach so we just decided that being on the streets on our bikes is a better way to talk to people than driving in a car. It felt good to bike! I don't miss it but then again I do miss it sometimes😅

There was a missionary that got back from his mission this week. He served in Peru and he's awesome! Elder Holt is his name! Anyways he's been doing a lot of things with us and it's so cool to see returned missionaries right when they get home. And for some odd reason I feel like I've met this guy before, who knows, maybe pre earth life! Its been a good time, we've learned a ton from him already. He has the missionary spirit still so he's fired up about sharing the gospel! We need to take that to the members now!

And I am happy about Hailey's mission call! That's super cool, missionaries from Scottsdale come to the easter Pageant every year so I could bump into her there! I hear Scottsdale is super super nice. I'm excited for her!

So Transfers are tomorrow already! I can't believe it, I think this transfer has been the fastest transfer on my mission. We are both staying in the area so I'm happy about that! That means that I am killing 2 missionaries in a row😂 I think that's my calling in the mission haha. We are excited about it. Our whole district is staying the same too! It will be fun to be in this area longer. Although it is getting tough it's worth it! This week was hard. We had very few lessons and we struggled to keep busy. We are still figuring out how to do the missionary work in this area. But I'm so glad I'm here, I've learned a ton and I will continue to do that for the next few transfers😊 

By the way thanks for that Conversion story! I really enjoyed it, I've read it a few times now. One of the biggest things that I've learned in the last year of my mission is how important personal conversion is to Jesus Christ and His Gospel in our lives. It's everything. Conversion isn't a one time thing, it's something we build on our entire lives. How do we do that? By exercising faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repent, be baptized and take the sacrament every week, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end by following the guidance of the Holy Ghost and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ our whole lives. I've really come to know the importance of these things, we don't stand a chance without this. No chance at all. I know that this is true and I know that only in and through Jesus Christ, we can be happy in this life and in the life to come. I love it all!!😁❤️

Thanks for all of the support back home. I'm so blessed to have a supportive family helping me in my efforts to serve the Lord! I love you all so so much! I will always be praying for you! 

Thanks Mom you're truly the best! I love you and am so grateful for everything you've done and continue to do for me! Have a great week in Seattle!!😊


Love Elder Findlay

my goofy zone

CREEPY!!!!!