Thursday, August 24, 2017

Summer is ending... but not here in Mesa! Week #54

Sorry I didn't email you yesterday, I didn't realize that this week is our temple week and it falls on a Tuesday. So today is my p-day. 

I don't know about you but I am super excited for summer to be over! Haha I am ready for a break from the heat, but still that won't be until October-ish. I remember last October it was still really warm. I'm praying that winter will come early this year! I'm super glad Dad was able to meet Brother Miller! He is such a good person, I love them soooo much! They take care of us really well. They are definitely a family I want to come back and visit. 

Where do I even start. We were very busy this week. On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Child to his area. It's always fun being his companion again haha, we just pick up right where we left off. We made a video and messaged it to Theresa, she was the one we baptized in our last area! She is doing good! There are actually sisters in that area now, so she is in good hands.

We had a big mission conference this week also. It was really good. We had two general authorities come, Elder Wilson of the seventy and his wife came as well as Elder Wakolo and his wife. The Wakolo's are from Fiji and they are new to this calling. He recently finished being mission president in the Little Rock Arkansas mission. Our meeting was from 8:30-4:30 and every minute of it was awesome! I think that the main focus of it was using the Book of Mormon to help people become truly converted. They said 1/20 people who are baptized have a meaningful experience with the Book of Mormon. He urged us to teach from it as much as we can. One thing that really stuck out to me is how similar Joseph Smiths vision/experience was compared to Lehi's vision/experience in 1 Nephi 1. There are so many similarities between the two. Its another testimony to me that God really is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He works the same way he has from the beginning. He is the same loving God that has been with us from the beginning, always watching out for us. We can ALWAYS turn to Heavenly Father for help. He is eager to stretch forth his helping hand to us. I love him and I know he is real.

I'm sure you were wondering if we had the chance to see the eclipse.....and we did! We were going to make some cereal box thing to look at it but didn't end up having time to make it๐Ÿ˜‚ So we just gave up. As we were walking out of the church building there were some people who had some solar eclipse glasses outside and they called us over to check it out. It was pretty sweet. It was funny to watch everyone looking up at the sun! They all looked pretty mesmerized. I was actually on exchanges with Elder Draper that day. It was rough, their car was spazzing out and so we had to take it into the dealership and they took it right in for repairs. So we were without a car for half a day. It was a struggle because we ended up walking the rest of the day....it was like 6 miles. I was super dead. But it was a great day, we talked to a lot of people and sweat a lot!๐Ÿ˜‚

Something funny that happened this week was during a service we were giving. We helped clean out a back patio, it was so dirty. Just years and years of dust and dirt. Anyways after we were done she asked if I wore size 11 shoe and I said yeah I do. She brought out a pair of Jordan Retro's and she gave them to me haha!!! I was super hyped about it๐Ÿ˜‚ You know how much I like shoes......

Thanks for the email and all the support back home! Love serving and I love being a missionary! I know this work is true! I love you all!  Have a great week! 


Love Elder Findlay

Dream Team! Me and Elder Child

Temple Trip :)

My new "J's" (Jordans)

We think the sisters did this to our car....
(we actually drove him with them
still on and they actually stayed๐Ÿ˜‚)