Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Hump Day! Week 52

Hey Mom! I can't believe I've been out a year either, time really does fly by. They say after a year it just takes off and goes by super fast. I can already see it happening! I did get your package by the way and it was awesome! I love love love ties, I can never have too many tiesπŸ˜‚ They are sweet, thanks! I'm actually wearing one right now! 

Although the work is going slow we are seeing the fruits of our long hardworking labor! Its been great this week. I was definitely able to see the Lords hand everyday in all things! 

We finally got a hold of Al. He actually called us on Monday and asked for a blessing. I was able to give the blessing and it was really spiritual, I think it was the first time I've given an investigator a blessing. It was cool, he was really appreciative about it. He's got a really good heart. We are moving his baptismal date a few weeks out so that will be determined in the coming week probably. 

We taught the priests for mutual on Wednesday night on how to share the gospel over social media and it was cool. We also taught about the spirit and how important it is in missionary work We know the priests pretty well because they come to dinners with us and we go to mutual with them sometimes. It gives them a little taste of the mission life. Anyways we had them message their friends a video or even just a simple testimony about what they believe. Whatever the spirit directed them to do. One of the priests has a friend who has read the Book of Mormon twice and now wants to meet with missionaries! Sadly he isn't in our area but he's in good hands! We were really excited to see the success that comes from using technology to share the gospel! It works! 

Last night we stopped by a part member family whose son got baptized earlier this yea. We found out he wasn't taught all of the new member lessons so we are going to start teaching him. Anyways we stopped by and they had a non-member friend there. He is an older gentlemen and he's really nice. He's a good friend of the member we were with and we got to talk about the gospel with him. We shared a very simple message about the restoration with him and he accepted a Book of Mormon! That is the first Book of Mormon I've given out in this area!πŸ˜πŸ‘ He really enjoys the Mormon church and wants to learn more about it! Another great blessing!

Seattle sounded like a lot of fun! It also sounded like you missed us( Me, Landon, and Mason)! I love going up there. I have a lot of good memories there. We went golfing for p-day at a different course and there were a bunch of big pine trees everywhere, it totally reminded me of Lake Tapps golf course. 

Thanks so much for the support and words of encouragement! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!


Love Elder Findlay
My boy Elder Klaus, he's from Brazil.
He was in my district when I was with Elder Eaton. 

Some weird beetle we found


 Also when it was raining there was
 a ton of baby frogs everywhere! Here is a video.
 Pretty cool!