Sunday, July 9, 2017

Happy 4th of July! Mesa Week #47

Hello!!

Man I had such a great Birthday! Thanks for the package Mom! I loved the clothes and sunglasses! And you can't go wrong with a spray bottle down here. Also Uber Eats=๐Ÿ‘ The guy came to the door and with his Japanese accent asked "excuse me sir, are you Elder?" Haha I said yeah that's me๐Ÿ˜‚ "Your mother says happy birthday!"  And then he ran off haha!! It was awesome. That day we helped Matt paint a new coat of green on his bus. It was so hot while we were doing that. Matt got on top of the bus and just dumped buckets of water on us๐Ÿ˜‚ It was a nice cool off. He also had me weld some bumpers together ha, hopefully they stay together. I have only welded one other time! That night we met with Troy, he is a priest. We've been teaching his girlfriend. Anyways he's been meeting with us because he wants to get out on a mission soon and wants to get more familiar with the work. So we have been teaching him about the preach my gospel and he has been coming with us to dinners with members. Its been pretty awesome. He and Emily got me a massive cupcake for my b-day haha! They are the best!

Saturday was a miracle! We were at the end of our night and we had a lesson with Al. He has been meeting with missionaries for a really long time. We taught him about the importance of baptism. We need to exercise our faith by following Christ's example and be baptized. We shared a scripture from D&C about it and it really struck him hard. After coming to church the next morning Al is now on date to be baptized on August 12th!๐Ÿ˜ we are super excited for him! Right after that Jack Knight called us. Last week he returned home from the Federal Way mission in Washington. And yes he knows Grandpa! Anyways he called us up and said "Hey Elders you want to have a lesson with a non-member at my house tonight at 8?" And I was like bro you still on a mish๐Ÿ˜‚ Ha, I know that the Lord is blessing us because of our diligence and hard work. The girl we taught was Jules. She is going to be a senior this year and she is super fun! We taught her the first lesson about the restoration of the gospel. She was pretty nervous about it but she seemed to understand a lot. She even said that she would get baptized if she finds out that the Book of Mormon is true!! We invited her to pray but she wasn't comfortable doing that yet so she said she would practice. We'll see what happens this week!

The 4th was pretty fun! Me and Elder Draper were on exchanges in my area. We had district meeting that morning which was really good. Our mission is super inspired! Haha I'm sure the other missions are too, anyways we talked a lot about having the faith to find, teach, and baptize in this area. It has a reputation for being  more difficult. But that doesn't stop us from working hard! The people are there, we just need to find them๐Ÿ˜ We knocked a lot of doors of less actives and former members. We only got in one house the whole day. So we did a lot of online proselyting. It love it sooo much! Its the best! I'm still figuring out how to do it but it's coming along! There is so much you can do with technology, especially in missionary work! Its such a blessing to have. I absolutely love this video, this is what we are doing with online proselyting in our mission. Things are changing!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Later that night we really didn't know what to do so we went up to the top of Las Sendas mountain and looked over the whole valley to see the fireworks. It was a sight to see. The real reason we went there was because a ton of people go up there every fourth. So we basically street contacted a bunch of people while watching fireworks. No new investigators but, seeds planted๐Ÿ‘ I was glad to be back with Elder Karren when I got home. We have such a blast!  He's soooo good at being a missionary. Sometimes I still feel like a greenie!๐Ÿ˜

All in all things are going pretty well here, I love the people, the area, and the difficulty of a mission! Thanks for everyone's support and prayers! I love all you do for me! I love you momma! Have a nice cool week in Utah๐Ÿ˜Ž
My birthday breakfast

 I am spoiled... thanks mom

my Zone... yep.

Our View

Happy 4th of July!