Saturday, July 15, 2017

11 months in Mesa! Week #48

Hello again from Mesa!😎
Well, today is officially my 11 month mark... you're right! Super crazy to think I've been out for almost a year now. It feels like it but then again it doesn't feel like it. I'm super excited to see what the next year holds in store. I'm really looking forward to another year of learning and experiencing conversion in the gospel. Missions are sooo cool!😝

Speaking of learning I learned a lot this week. Small things but they made a big difference. One thing that I learned is that preparation in all things is key to missionary work and life! In my personal studies I was trying to figure out what I wanted to teach Al at our lesson that night. Al is getting baptized on August 12th, he's awesome! Anyways I was pretty stuck and was about to just move on to studying for myself. But I decided to spend a little more time on it. I actually ended up using pretty much most of my study for Al and it was so awesome! I felt so good about what I learned and what I could share with Al. Later that night we had our lesson with him, but unfortunately we couldn't meet in person. But thank goodness for technology! We instead had a skype lesson with him and it was great! I felt super prepared and the spirit was there helping us teach. It went really well, we basically talked about the importance of prayer and revelation. It was really helpful for him to understand and it will help him prepare himself for baptism!😁

"Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man." --D&C 84:85  ⬅️This is the scripture that kept me studying and preparing for Al. God always fulfills his promises😁

You're right about it being hot here. It has been really tough! After we get out of AC for five minutes we are already sweating a lot. We try to stay in AC as much as we can, but we are out and about most of the day. The last few days we have had some cloud cover, not like its making a difference but it's been nice. Plus the sunsets have been soooo beautiful here! 

I have definitely seen the Lords hand in my life this past week! Like I said I'm learning more and more every week I'm here! I love it! Thanks for everything Momma! I love you so so much! Thanks for all of the love and support from everyone back home! The gospel is true! It changes lives and I know it! Have a great week!  

Love, Elder Findlay
One of those beautiful Arizona sunsets

Our bishop shot this in Africa...Crazy!

Al has some hedgehogs:)
They are weird little things!

New shoes that hopefully wont burn my feet
off on the hot Arizona ground!