Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Hot Mesa- Week #45

Hey! 
Transfers are tomorrow so my new companions name is Elder Karren! He is from Logan and he was actually my first district leader when I started my mission and he's awesome. He was kinda strict back then but I heard he's mellowed out a little bit and is having a good time! I'm excited to be his companion, he's been out for like a year and a half. AND he likes golf A LOT and so yeah we'll be doing a lot of that on p-days.😊

I am moving a few miles south into an apartment. And guess what? Elder Child is my roommate/district leader again.  Not sure how I feel about that but it's okay.  I'm super excited for this transfer. Now that I'm pretty familiar with the members and how things go in the area it will be nice. 

Today was nuts, so sorry for the short email. We went all the way out to Globe with Brother Holt and Bother Pile for lunch. It's like an hour and a half away from us, way out east by the Apache reservation. The reason we wanted to go out there is because Elder Nuttall has never been out there before and we both wanted to check it out. And it is sooo different, really really kinda ghetto out there. Its like a different world. Now I understand where the Elders are coming from who serve out there. Its rough, but really cool. 

We both packed this morning and it was crazy! Super crazy and stressful. So sorry about the scattered email. After Globe we got all of Elder Nuttalls stuff to the mission office where all of the missionaries who are leaving were gathered.  Everyone was talking about home and so it was making all of the missionaries not going home super trunky. But it will wear off once we get back to work, it always does. I'm going to miss my man Elder Nuttall, he's changed my mission and he's going to be an awesome missionary at home.

Other than that I don't have much time left but, I do want to say I love and appreciate all of the support from everyone! I love you all. Have a great week!

Love Elder Findlay
Mi Casa in the desert

Desert "wasteland" lounge chair



Yeah it's gettin toasty!

Me and my pal Elder Nuttall