Wednesday, April 26, 2017

420 Miracles :) Mesa Week 37

Hi! So this week was fun! On Tuesday I got super sick and was throwing up all day. That was the worst ha, so I just chilled in the apartment all day with Elder Evans because we were on exchanges. Poor Elder Evans😅 There has been like a 24 hour bug going around so thank goodness I'm through with it. I tried staying at least a little productive while being inside so I decided to watch the 12 step program videos and they are the best! So so good! Most people have some form of addiction or other but even if you don't you should read over the 12 steps. If you are looking for a way to come closer to Christ do the 12 step program. I am actually doing it myself so I can know how to better help my investigators and I LOVE it! 

We had a district meeting on Wednesday and I gave a training on finding. It went pretty well, I wasn't t feeling my best but the spirit helped me out. Then we all wanted to have  a district lunch so we got Backyard Taco and ate at our place. It was a lot of fun, our district is pretty chill unlike some of the districts in our zone😂 

On Thursday I went on exchanges with Elder Austin and it was so fun! Ha that day was just a blast. We were able to go to the temple in the morning with our zone, it was a great time. Plus Elder Bland (MTC companion)  is in my zone again so we were hanging out the whole time. Afterwards we went to Wings Express to eat and they have the best food. Its kind of a tradition going there after the temple. Not the best kind of missionary food because wings are messy and always end up on clothes but I've been in the clear every time I've gone there😅 I'm sure that you knew this but 4/20 was national weed day and so that night everyone was out getting high and doing stupid things. It got us so hyped to talk with all of them haha! So we did, we talked to soooo many people and a lot of them were super high and were talking to us a lot. If people were always this nice to us life would be great, we asked them "we have something for you that will make you feel more happy and excited than anything you've ever done in your life, can we share it to you?" Most of them said yes and so we shared our message and ended up finding 6 new investigators! In one night! It was such a blessing from the Lord, we were determined to talk with everyone and find people to teach and he delivered them to us. A few of them are really solid investigators, we had the first lesson with Jaron already and he is going to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! 

Also that night since Elder Austin was here we needed to do something fun so we decided to have a movie night in Elder Higham's room. We watched finding faith in Christ and it was a party. And I finally figured out how to set up my hammock in the apartment! It's taken me 5 months but it's golden now!😎

So we went to a members house this last week and they have like a bunch of pets, specifically a python and I got to hold it😱 they made me do it, I'm not really a snake person. I like smaller snakes and stuff but this one was to big for my liking! 

Sunday was a pretty good day! It felt longer than usual though. Elder Child caught me sleeping so he took this pic with his tablet😂 I was sitting in 60th ward thinking to myself that I could be gone in a couple of weeks😭 it will be hard to leave this ward, it seems like I've been here my whole mission. Then again I am kind of excited for a change of scenery! I want to be put in Globe! Its super different than out here, there are pine trees everywhere and mountains too! I miss that stuff ha, it's like an old mining town and it looks like out of a movie or something. Plus if you go out there you are guaranteed a car......hallelujah. 

All in all this week was great! We had a lot of good things happen in our area and I am looking forward to next week! It is definitely getting a lot warmer down here, at least it's staying warm all day. I can feel the heat of summer creeping towards us😭 oh and Jack looks like a boss missionary in that pic! Can't wait to see him go out someday! Tell him I love him and think the world of him!
 I hope you have a good week in Utah!❤
Love, Elder Findlay

District lunch

Our investigators new car, she thought we would never find it.
 So we sent this to her😂




Some of the cactuses have blossoms on them,
they are pretty cool looking

They kind of forced me to hold it, snakes aren't my thing

My comp caught me sleeping in church...oops