Thursday, January 26, 2017

Rain Rain Rain- Week 24

Wow this week sounded like it was a blast in Florida! I love the pictures and videos that you sent me! The Fam looks great and I am so glad you all are happy and doing well. 

Lately I have really been thinking about how the Lord works wonders and teaches you personally when you serve a mission. I've been studying about repentance and the Atonement because when you get a testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, you can use it in every aspect of your life. The mission really brings you closer to the Savior and makes you want to do the right thing every time. I never could have asked for a better experience on my mission!

 This week was full of busy days as usual...

Saturday was really awesome! We had the baptism of Gabriel and Israel T. and it was special. They are righteous kids and it was really good for them and their family that they were baptized. And we had the privilege to baptize and confirm them. I was able to baptize Israel and it is something that I will never forget. Baptizing for the dead is really awesome but baptizing someone that you've taught comes with a different spirit. They joy you feel can't be described. Bringing someone into the fold of the Savior is one of the most important things that we can do here. And then I got to confirm Gabriel and that was a first for me! What an awesome day! Missionary work is super important and we can all do it everyday! Anyways after lunch we went to the visitors center by the temple with one of our recent converts. We watched a couple of meet the Mormon stories with her and she absolutely loved them, and it made her super emotional! She's the best. We watched one of the old ones, The Candy Bomber, and then a newer one called The Horseman. We are really lucky to have that resource in our mission!

And let me tell ya it just rained and rained and rained here all week. I've found that I really really don't like biking in the rain haha but my rain coat is a life saver. It doesn't rain here very much but when it rains, it RAINS! I'm honestly looking forward to seeing the sun again! 

Other than that I went on a bunch of exchanges which was pretty fun but nothing to crazy happened. Next week though we do have a world wide missionary broadcast that we will watch together as a mission. They are coming out with a whole new missionary schedule so it's a pretty big deal. We are excited to see what they come out with. I loved your email mom, it makes me smile every time I read it haha! I hope you have an amazing week in the freezing cold snow, enjoy it mom. When you move away from it you will miss it like me! Jk you probably wont๐Ÿ˜‚ I love you!!!!❤

Love Elder Findlay

Me and Israel!

Gabriel and Israel on their baptism day

I love this family so much!
And yes, I am way taller than all of them..haha;)

And on exchanges we helped some people move
and they gave me like a whole box of sports
stuff, I thought this was cool!
 AZ pride ๐Ÿ˜‚