Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Sit Down, Be Humble Week #102

Hey Mom!
So this last week was a blur. I'm having a hard time remembering what all happened😂 The weeks just mesh together and seem to be one big blob. Especially towards the end of the mission I guess. 

I went on my last exchange as a missionary. I went with Elder Mamula in his area and we had a ton of fun. Elder Mamula has only been out for 8 weeks and he's already a baller missionary. Like he's one of the best missionaries I've served around and he's brand new. He's from West Virginia and he knows his stuff that's for sure. We get along really well, we had some first lessons with some investigators and had some good success. We met with a kid in their area with some really hard Word of Wisdom struggles. He's at a rough place in his life right now but he's keeping his head up and is trying to change his life. It was a very humbling experience for me. Don't ever be satisfied with where your at with your testimony. DON'T SETTLE. We need to be constantly stretching it and nourishing it so it can keep growing stronger. That was a powerful lesson for me this week. 

We met with Summer a few times this week. She is super solid, more than most members are😂 Meeting with them is the funniest time of my life haha, they are nuts😂 There are 2 of them leaving on missions really soon, Annie leaves next week to Ohio and and Megan leaves to temple square TOMORROW, so hopefully its been a help to them to get an idea of what missionary work is like. And then Savannah just submitted her papers so she should be getting a call soon😁 I will definitely remember the people that I've become close with on my mission. They have been by far the best part. I've come to love so many of them and I'm going to miss them when I leave. Summer and her friends are just one example of many. Missions are the BEST. 

We've been struggling to find more people to teach SO we had to get creative with our wards. We decided to do a glow in the dark volleyball night and it was LEGIT. We had a bunch of people come from the ward and even a non-member came with Lyric! She was super open and she is basically a dry Mormon so hopefully we will be meeting with her this week. Talk about MIRACLES.

We were able to go to the Gilbert temple today and do a session so that was cool. I love everything about the temple. I'm going to be attending WAY more when I get back.

Well I think that's about it for this week. I love being a missionary. It's been one of my favorite things that I've ever done. I can't imagine where I would be right now if I hadn't of made the decision to come to Mesa. I love you Mom! You're an angel, cant wait to see you soon!!
Our  "tri-panionship" in the Malibu

Having fun with the Garner kids
(picture is from a few weeks ago)

Temple day at the Gilbert Temple
with Elder Matthews and Elder Burningham.

for our new member "Summer" 

Summer's reply...

Garner kids and puppies!


Sweet truck