Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Experiences of a lifetime! Week #101

Hey hey hey! Wow it sounds like Nauvoo was a pretty special experience! I'm jealous that you got to see so many different church history sites. I would like to go there someday to see them. Now I  understand and appreciate their importance so I actually want to go. I'm also super grateful for Joseph Smith. He was such an amazing prophet. I bet it was really cool to see Grandma and Grandpa work in the temple. I would have loved to see that, I love them both a ton! 

This week was super crazy. So remember how Elder Burningham was transferred a few weeks ago? Well he is back. We are in a trio now! It's a long story but basically he is is with me and Elder Matthews for the rest of this transfer. You can imagine it's been a party haha, we are having a blast. I'm really glad he's with us. My own son gets to kill me as a missionary😂 (missionary slang)

We also had zone conference this week! MY LAST ONE. It felt weird, I had to give my departing testimony and it was hard. Hearing all of the testimonies of my closest friends that I've been with for 2 years was pretty emotional. We've all been super close since day 1. We've been through everything together. Seeing how much we've all grown is amazing. I love how much the mission can change an individual. I'm going to miss so many people that I've met and come to love in these two years.

A few weeks ago I received a message from a convert that Elder Grabenstein and I worked with in my first area. Her name is Cherri and she said that she was going through the temple for her first time! She wanted me to be there so I was able to go to the Gilbert temple and see that. It was such a special experience to me. I was sitting in the celestial room talking with her and I said to her "You know the last time I taught you, you weren't even a member. Now look where you are." I thought to myself that this women was literally changed by Jesus Christ himself. I'm so glad that I could be part of this person's conversion to the Gospel :) 

To answer your question, no I didn't dye my hair lol. I just got sick of it being in my face so I just put it up. I feel so much lighter haha. I'm not sure if I'll keep it, but for now I will :) hopefully it doesn't look horrible haha

Also I sent home a couple of packages. Sorry, nothing good in them haha. Just some things that I don't want to take in my suitcase. So those should be coming soon :)

Elder Thompson went home on Friday😭😭 That was pretty hard. We had one last meal at Kneaders before he left. We've been together from the start of our missions and now he's home. That's crazy to me.  He's coming to Utah for school in the fall so Me, him, and Fiti are going to hangout a bunch. We are all pretty pumped for that. 

Alright we'll I think that's it! Sorry for the long email. This week was just full of experiences. Good ones especially. I will always remember them :) I love you Momma! Have a good week!
My final Zone conference of my mission...Benson Zone!

She just got back from her mission, and is
 super missionary minded. She posted this
 picture on Instagram to hopefully catch someone’s
 attention😁 Social media is awesome
 to share the gospel with.

Last lunch with Elder Thompson

We've been together since the MTC. 
It's been a great two years serving with him
and playing ball with him on P-days.

Cruisin' in the Malibu

The Gilbert Temple