Wednesday, July 18, 2018

100 Weeks in Mesa!

What's good Mom! I had no clue how many weeks I'd been out! Man that is a lot of time😂 Yep, I started the first week of my last transfer. It is a lot different since Fiti and Burningham aren't living with us. Definitely a lot quieter. Every night when we come home, we expect them to be there or to come home later but we forget they don't live there😂 Those were days to be remembered haha

The 4th of July was not much different than a regular day on the mission honestly. We did go to a bbq with a family and then afterwards went up to Las Sendas to watch the fireworks in the valley. You asked about a parade here, it's super super hot here so no one really wants to sit in the heat for an hour haha! Too hot for a parade😂

Our new wards are pretty cool. They are a lot smaller than Chapparal Park ward, the one ward we kept. Yesterday was super hectic. We have two wards meeting at the same time so we have to bounce all over the place. It's been a while since I've covered 3 wards, I forgot how busy it keeps us. One of our wards is getting a new Bishopric next Sunday which is going to be so good for the ward, everyone looked so dead at church. Like no one wanted to be there. Kind of sad, but I definitely believe that a new bishopric will turn things around. We also have a brand new ward mission leader so we are both trying to figure out how things work in the ward😂

We are teaching a few people. We are teaching Joscelin, Elder Fiti and Burningham were working with her. I've actually met with her a few other times so I know her already. She is on date for August 18th so we are trying to help her prepare for that. She works on Sundays so it's tricky for her to get to church. We are teaching another girl named Christina. She was referred to us this week and she is PREPARED. She wants to be baptized already so we set a date for the 28th of this month! Super cool. 

Remember that girl Amanda that I baptized a month or two ago? Well she is in the ward that we lost, but we did get to go to the temple and do Baptisms with her this week! That was so great, she is such a trooper. She has a prosthetic leg and so it's difficult for her to do the Baptisms but she does it! Everyone in the temple was pretty much balling their eyes out when she was hopping into the baptismal font. We all had a good time, and she loved it.

Yes the heat, I'm tired of it😂 But today has been super nice, we are having a huge haboob/monsoon. It's raining buckets of mud rain, so much for washing our car!

I'm enjoying the time I have left here! It's been fun, I'm glad I got to serve here. I love the people I've met! Love you Mom! Have a good week:)

This pic is with Alex. He was one of the first people
 that I taught on my mission. He got baptized in
November last year and I ran into him at a dinner
 with a member😂 Super good to see him, he's awesome

Amanda's temple day