Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Summer's Summer Baptism! Week #95

Hey Momma!

Hi, I'm doing great! I did get my contacts FINALLY...Sister Garner always comes in clutch, just like you :) They are daily contact lenses and I got 90 lenses per eye, that will last me about 3 months which is good. They feel super comfortable in my eyes, I don't feel dryness or pain which is awesome.  Sister Garner is always a huge help to me, she's amazing. The people in Mesa have been so good to me.

Summer got baptized and it was SO AWESOME! I've never been to a cooler baptismal service. We taught Summer a lot this week to prepare her. She has been waiting a long time. A ton of her family came to support her and we had a full house, so we had to do it in the chapel. We had a huge planned for Summers baptism. we had her cousin Skype in and give a talk on the Holy Ghost.  He is serving a mission in Guatemala so it was special. It was a cry fest for sure, everyone was crying. Summer asked me, Mathews, Fiti, and Burningham to do a musical number for her so we put that together. Elder Mathews is a musical wizard and wrote a piano piece for our musical number. We sang the song "Baptism" and it wasn't bad! We had a ton of compliments and Summer loved it haha. Doing it was definitely out of my comfort zone but it was okay :) She was baptized by her uncle and it was a sweet experience. I love seeing closely knit friend groups and families help each other receive the Gospel and get baptized, that's the real way to do missionary work. 

Sunday was super special too! Marcus was ordained a priest and received the priesthood! Super cool, we and the crew(Marqus and his friends) are going to the Gilbert temple this week to do baptisms! He's way excited, we are too😂 Oh and we are also going to the temple with Summer this week too! Man miracles everywhere!

Random fact, I think I killed 6 scorpions in our apartment this week. They LOVE the heat...haven't been stung by one thank goodness!

Other than that, we had zone conference this week and it was good. It's always a revamp for missionary hype so it was great. 
 Elder Fiti gave his departing testimony so that was pretty cool as well. 

One thing that I've been focusing on this week is the Atonement of Christ and what that means me. To me it means that I have second chances for my mistakes. It means that I can change and become better than I was yesterday. It means that the Savior understands me and my life perfectly. He knows how to help me and I can do all things through him. That's why I love the Gospel.

I love you Momma! Your an inspiration to me, have an amazing week:)

Zone conferences this week...Benson Zone!

Summer's baptism day

Elder Burningham and I at Costco getting
 my contacts with the Garner kids

Some time spent with Summer
 this week prior to her baptism.