Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Mesa Week #89

Hey Momma!

Everything is going super good! YSA's are a party all the time. There are so many returned missionaries that are super hyped for missionary work, it's so cool. At Church the only thing they ever talk about is doing missionary work and sharing the Gospel, which very different from the other wards I've served in. Everyone makes the joke that this is just preparing me for home😂 They don't help with making me feel a little trunky! 

Yes so I went to my eye doctor again and the giant papilaries came back so I'm back on the eye drops. I may need to get another bottle of eye drops, and I'll probably end up switching to daily contacts. At first I was really bummed out about that but now I don't even care, I just don't want to wear glasses anymore 😂 Its not bad though, I literally don't even feel any pain. If anything it feels dry sometimes...it could be worse right?

To answer your question, we just live in a members house, but only Elder Brown and I and our roommates live there. It's super nice, we all sleep in the front room every night and have some good conversations😂

(mom note: We received and email this week from the Mesa mission telling us that Elder Findlay's official release date will be August 14th! Yay!) 
Ya it's weird that my release date is out. President sent out an email to us and said that 45 missionaries are going home in the next three months, and that is about 1/3 of our mission! The mission is going to change sooooo much when we leave.

Thanks a ton for getting everything set for school Mom, what would I do without you! I will definitely be busy, I hope I can handle it all😂 My classes sound good, ..And yes please sign me up for institute! 

So we had a huge miracle this week! There is a cool member in our ward that has a friend who is a non-member and his name is Marqus and he's awesome! We instantly connected because he loves basketball just as much as me.  He is sooo good at ball. Anyways, we talked with him this week and he says that he has grown up with a good group of Mormon boys his whole life. They all went on missions and are now back, and he finally feels ready to be baptized and join the church! He's been reading the Book of Mormon daily and coming to church so we are starting the lessons with him this week and then hopefully set a date for baptism! Miracles and blessings from the Lord! 

I'm trying to think what else happened this week...oh yeah it was Elder Simpson's Birthday so we went to cheesecake for dinner. He's our roommate. He's pretty fresh out. Also on the morning of his birthday we flipped him out of bed and shot confetti guns at him haha it was super funny.

Well, I think that's about it.  We're just working hard everyday, sharing the gospel with whoever will listen to our message.  I love missionary work a lot, it's always fun when you are teaching great people. I love you Momma! Have a good week! 

Love Elder Findlay

Elder's Findlay and Brown at a
 member's home for dinner this week.
Celebrating Elder Simpson's Birthday
This is what you get for having
 a birthday in our house!

Elders Fitsumanu, Brown, Simpson
and me on P-day