Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Ch ch ch Changes...week #87

Hey Momma!

You are correct! Transfer time again, but now it’s my turn to leave! I’m pretty bummed out about leaving this area, because we have some really good work going on. And I don’t know what I’m going to do without the Garners. I don’t think I’m going to survive haha😂 Every time you leave an area a piece of your heart gets wrenched out of your chest, but you learn to love all of your areas. I don’t like change haha, but I’m excited for what’s ahead. Me and Elder B are pretty bummed out about getting separated too. We have become really close friends

 So yeah I’m being transferred to a new YSA area with two wards, Candlelight YSA and Chapparel Park YSA. It should be pretty interesting. I’ve heard good things about Candlelight YSA and I’ve actually been on exchanges in Chapparel Park, that was when I served in the Mesa East Stake. So it's cool that I get to go back to the Mesa East Stake! But there’s a catch😂 President called me and told me that I’m white washing the area basically alone😂 I say that because my new companions name is Elder Brown and he isn’t even in Mesa yet. He started his mission in Fiji and then came home for 6 months, then he was reassigned to Mesa and now he’s my new comp! I’m excited but I’m also a little nervous. I’m basically training again, but this time with all new surroundings that I know nothing about😂 Pray for me. Also, good news is that I’m back in car! Just in time for the summer heat (just like last year), I am the luckiest missionary in the world. So I will finish my mission in an air conditioned car😁

I’m glad you guys had a blast in San Diego. I LOVE that place. I bet it was nice taking a break from life. 

This week was super good. We had a bunch of awesome lessons with our investigators. We had several lessons with Waldo and they were AMAZING. We’ve noticed a huge change in him as he’s been reading the Book of Mormon and praying more. He also notices that he feels the spirit a lot more and wants to feel it more. He is becoming more and more converted every time we speak to him. Elder Burningham and his new comp will most likely set a baptismal date with him this week or next, I’ll be back for it! Waldo is a real dude👍

Sorry for the short email but I’ve been packing all day trying to get ready for transfers. It will be an adventure that’s for sure. I wouldn't be able to do it without the Lords help, and luckily I know that He will:) I’m grateful for the blessing of serving a mission and getting thrown into new situations haha, you really do learn a lot even if it’s uncomfortable. I love you Mom! Hope you have a good week!

Love Elder Findlay

Mom note: I have received many texts and pictures of Elder Findlay from Sister Garner as he has served in this area of his mission.  The Garner family has been very kind and generous to Elder Findlay and his companions. She recently sent me this message after hearing that he is being transferred: "I just wanted to let you know how much we will miss having Elder Findlay in our home. My husband and I both agree that he is the most mature missionary we have met. He is so thoughtful and spiritual.  We absolutely love him and hope he will come back and visit (as he promised)!!! Thank you for sending him out. You raised him well."
As a mother I am so grateful for the Garner family for their amazing kindness to my missionary son.  
Last district meeting

Our favorite dog Coco :) Always has his tongue out!

The last supper with Elder Orse

My last lunch sack drawing from Sister Garner.
It's a Hoonicorn Mustang.  She knows him well :)

Garner's son

Car pic