Wednesday, April 18, 2018

YSA Wards Week #88

Hey Momma!

I'll have to admit YSA wards are a party😂 It's been a very busy and fun time being around a bunch of kids my age! I didn't know that YSA did so many different activities throughout the week... we've been to like 5 or 6 different activities. It makes me excited to be in a YSA ward when I get home. I've gotten along with everyone really well, it's easy to connect with people your age. Oh and there are a bunch of OKC fans in our wards and we've been having fun trash talking each other😂 I've already learned a lot about being a young single adult, and our Bishops are spiritual GIANTS. They understand that we can't do the missionary work alone. It's pretty sweet being here.

So my new companion is Elder Brown and he is from Hawaii. He's a chill guy, he is definitely from Hawaii haha. He has a sweet Ukulele and a bunch of Hawaiian ties. I've gotten a lot of gifts from him😂 He served in Fiji for 7 months and he's got some pretty crazy stories. He's definitely going to be having a different experience here. He's been a little tired because of the time change but he's adjusting okay.

So we live in a interesting place. We live in a double wide trailer that is pretty nice. It's just super old. Elders Fitisemanu and Simpson are our roommates. They are fun haha, I forgot how fun it is to have roommates😂 We have a good time together. We both have cars so we don't ever have a problem getting around which is super nice. We have plenty of miles a month as well, which is awesome. 

So my eye was fine for a while but now I can feel it acting up again so I'm going to go back to my doctor and have him check it out again. I'm not really sure, I might have to switch to daily contacts...I hate wearing glasses.

Our teaching pool in these wards is kind of small but it's okay. The members are super motivated for missionary work which is really helpful. We have some referrals that we are going to meet with this week. Hopefully that goes well. It's kind of cool because one of my wards covers all of the Mesa East Stake which was my second area. So I've been able to see a few of the members from my old wards. 

We just finished watching the movie Coco and holy cow. That was soooo good. It was approved to watch today on our P-day, so we watched it in Clyde's theater. Super good.

Anyways I think that's all for this week. Since we are white washing this area we are still trying to figure things out. Thanks for the email Momma! I love you so much! Have a good week!
Love, Elder Findlay

Sorry I didn't take many pictures this week but here are some pics of my new digs...the double wide.






 And I found a car kinda like mine this week...