Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Light the World... Week #69

Hey Mom!

It’s finally December!! And it’s going by fast already! I had a super successful last week of the transfer. I saw so many miracles take place and I can’t thank Heavenly Father enough for bringing about those miracles. For the last five weeks we’ve been struggling to find people to teach and I’ve really just tried figuring out which families in the area to focus on. This week we received 8 referrals, I’m serious 8! It was so crazy! We picked up 3 new investigators and now we are staying super busy and are having a lot of success! Two of the investigators we picked up want to be baptized and we will be working with them. The rest are referrals from the Temple Christmas Lights, that means they requested a missionary visit to their home. Super awesome, the VC has been getting over 60 referrals a night. Huge blessing to missionary work!👍 Now our area is pretty poppin, luckily me and Elder Draper are staying.......but there’s a catch😅

We received transfer news on Saturday this week and found out that we are both staying thank goodness, but we are getting another companion....so we will be in a tripanionship. I’m not sure how I feel about that, honestly because we can hardly fit two people in our place and now three...oh boy. I hope he’s clean😂 His name is Elder Landbeck, he’s from Maryland.  It will be good though, he and Elder Draper will get along really well, they both like the same sort of stuff. Now I get to be Senior Companion of two missionaries😂 I’m sure it will be fun, we will make it work. 

So this week was a big change with missionary work, we got our Smartphone!! It’s super crazy I know. We share one as a companionship, except the new missionaries that come out they will already have their own phones. So now I cruise around with my iPad and smartphone haha, such spoiled missionaries. It’s nice because we have data on it which means we don’t have to go to the church every 5 minutes to sync our areabook.  It has a hotspot which is handy dandy. I feel super weird with it sometimes, it’s a Samsung galaxy - similar to my phone before I left. The one Jack has😂 Anyways it’s just weird. But I like it a lot. Contacting people is a lot easier and now we can finally use group texting! Good stuff.

I got to play pool with a crazy dude😂 It was nuts. He’s a member but very inactive, I almost won but still lost because I stink at pool😂 I told him if I beat him he has to come to church, he agreed. Rematch next week. 

The week started off a little hectic I have to say. On Tuesday morning I was doing my personal study in our room when I smelt some weird smelling smoke. I thought it was coming from outside because our windows were open but then I realized that it was coming from the laundry room. So I went in and it was all smokey and I couldn’t figure out what it was. Nothing was on in there so I had no idea where the smoke was coming from. No one was home but me and Elder Draper, so I called 911 and the fire department came and checked it out. Turns out it was an electrical fire that was caused from the water heater somehow. Luckily the fire fizzled out by itself! Jk it wasn’t luck at all, I know God put it out for us. He’s watching out for us😁 I’m glad our house didn’t burn down😂 So basically we didn’t have a water heater all week so we had cold showers everyday....that has been a good waker uper😂 But seriously now I have a testimony of hot water

Salt Lake is looking the same! Except the light the world vending machines, aren’t those the best! We don’t have any here but they look sweet. I bet the wait to donate was worth it. That’s basically what I share with everyone I meet, Light The World. Everyone needs to hear a good message and feel the true spirit of Christmas.

Man Jack looks like a straight up G😂 When I left he was just a little guy. That’s cool that he played some ball with Christian. 

Well I think that’s about it for this week. I’m super excited for this next transfer and I see a lot of success happening! I love you so much Mom! Have a good week!


Love Elder Findlay

Old Ford suits me well :)


I love Elder Sharp

Last district lunch