Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Blessings on Blessings on Blessings Week #66

Hey Mom!

Man I have a lot to talk about this week, we'll sort of. It seems like we do a ton and then when it's time to recap in your weekly letter you kind of forget what you did throughout the week a little bit haha. I would be lost without my journal! I'm happy to say that we are finding more success day by day. It's slower but it is success. I've really seen Heavenly Father's hand in my life this week. There have been a lot of learning experiences that I've been able to have and grow from. Basically we've trying really hard to contact all of our investigators in our area book. There are still a handful of people that I haven't been able to meet but this week I was able to meet with more. 

I've been really trying to figure out what is going to work best in this area. I talked to President about it and said that our focus in this area especially should be on part member families and so that's what we are beginning to do. So far there are a couple families that we are working with. The Sanchez Family and Torres family. Super good families that just need some spiritual help and I'm really excited to help them. Plus their kids are soooo funny, man I love Hispanics! They are the kindest people. I went on exchanges with Elder Orse a few days ago and there was a huge fiesta going in an apartment complex. We were walking through and they all just invited us in haha. They didn't speak English and we didn't speak Spanish but we had a good time! I managed to communicate just a little bit though thanks to jr high Spanish, which I was terrible at by the way, and also with the Lord's help of course. They even fed us😂 I got this nice looking fish head and it wasn't bad actually...I just couldn't look at the face while eating😂 good stuff 

Since we live right by the temple sometimes before we go in for the night we sit on the benches on the temple grounds and message people. There is just a really special feeling there. Anyways they are putting up all of the Christmas lights and decorations! It's looking super good, man I cannot wait for Christmas. Still my favorite holiday by far. It's going to be such a great missionary tool especially because I'm literally right next to it so we will most likely receive a lot of referrals. We are super lucky to have the Visitors center in our mission because it brings in soooooo many referrals. Blessings on blessings on blessings. Plus we've been handing out Christmas light cards like candy and people love it. Another reason why I love my mission!😂

So I've been trying really hard to meet each member of the bishopric in each ward and I was finally able to do that this week......but then they re-organized the bishopric in Pioneer ward😐So I guess I will get to do it again, lucky me! 

Yes I would like to receive Hailey's and Greyson's emails haha, if it's not too much of a hassle. They are both crack ups so I'm good with that. And lucky for me I get regular food, mostly. Poor Greyson (a friend serving in Guatemala that has had several bad cases of food poisoning), my stomach is weak and so I'm glad I'm serving in America. Actually where I'm at right now all the local people call it Mesaco😂 I'm trying to learn as much Spanish as I can...

So school is the big question for me right now. (He needs to register for fall semester soon).  I'm torn between Utah state and BYU Idaho right now. I'm not sure where I want to go. Most of my friends from home are going to Utah state as well as a bunch of friends from my mission. I also kind of want to stay in Utah but I don't know. BUT I also feel like BYU I would be a great place for me....what do you think? But ultimately I know it's up to me. I will definitely need the Lords help with this one.

Well it's been an awesome week. Sorry nothing too exciting to report but, hopefully next week there will be more excitement! I love reading your emails and seeing everything at home go well! Have a good week Momma! Love you!

Our new district

Cool graffiti wall

Pueblo Zone

My fish head dinner.
 See mom, I'm not such a picky eater anymore!

Elder Orse and I with Roberto the fish dude

The kids are the BEST! :)