Monday, March 27, 2017

Transfers! Week 33

Hey! Yeah I saw the video of Landon and Mason's mission calls on Facebook! I am super happy for them! They are going to be awesome missionaries. Haha maybe I'll be the only one called in the states, I'm good with that😂 but holy cow I'm sure kaitlyn and Brett and Dad are all hyped
for Chile! There are so many people that get called there, it's
insane. And the Alpine mission will be super cool too!


 It was actually really nice weather this last week, sunny with
a wind chill and it was great. Its supposed to heat up again so that's gonna be fun...not!

So this is cool... the Oakland Athletics and Chicago Cubs do their spring training for baseball here in Mesa and our mission nurse sister Clifford got a bunch of tickets for us and so we got to go for our P-Day activity today! It was the Oakland A's vs the Kansas City Royals, pretty sweet. It honestly made me feel at home (like a ton) haha. The Royals were killing it so I was pretty happy about that, but I do like the Athletics too. Man I love sports😍

It's been pretty interesting lately... a couple of days ago a water pipe started leaking in the ceiling of our apartment so they have to fix that sometime this week. It was pretty bad so they had to shut off the water and we have been without water in our apartment for 3 days. Thank goodness we have keys to the church!😁

This week was sooooo good!! And we also found out transfer news. I was pretty excited for transfer news this time because it would be interesting to have a new area and a change but then again I love this area so I would have been good with whatever. Turns out Elder Child and I are both staying here
and we are both pretty hyped about that. I think I've had the most fun with him haha we are always just being goofballs which makes things pretty chill. Plus we have a TON of work going on. This last week we had like 4 or 5 lessons in a row. It was sweet. Downside is that I am still on bike. But we've been working really hard with our investigators and it is definitely showing progress.

What I've learned this week is that the Lord is trusting us more and more. He has literally been putting investigators right in front of us and it has been great! We found 4 new investigators and they are all progressing really well! We also found two new part member families that had us over for dinner and so now we are working with them. Plus
they came to church! Super cool, we are excited to see what happens in the next couple of weeks because things are really picking up.

I wish I had more to say but I can't really think of anything else. I just know that I have been called out here for a reason and there are people here that I am supposed to meet. I have already met some of those people and it is changing my life. I've never felt more close to God than on my mission right now. There is still soooo much I need to learn in order to become the best missionary I can, and that's the beauty of a mission. You are constantly learning and trying to become
better.

I love seeing everyone's smiling faces back home! I love it here and I am happy, but I sure love my home in Utah too...I hope you all have an awesome week! 

Love Elder Findlay
Our view from the game today

Easter Pageant set up and sunset