Monday, March 6, 2017

WARMMMM in Mesa! Week 30

☀☀☀☀☀
Hey!  Sounds like you guys had an awesome week! I'm glad Jack is still sticking with basketball, it's the best thing! It's fun to hear about his games. They were talking about churchball in one of our wards and it reminded me of all the games we played back home! Man those were some of the best times😂 it was bigger than NBA ball! Churchball is life. haha

On Tuesday this week I went on exchanges with Elder Higham! We had service in the morning at Brother H's house. We scraped paint off of a roof above our heads for 3 hours! My arms were so tired. After that we had a lesson with our investigator C.  and taught her to pray often, read the scriptures daily, and keep the Word of Wisdom. She struggles a little with some of it but said she believes in living the word of wisdom and will try as hard as she can to live it. It was a great lesson.

Then we talked to some people that we met last week that believe that only blacks will be saved because they're descendants of Jacob. We knocked on one of their doors and they opened it with a huge evil looking grins on their faces and came out and started preaching to us. Same thing as last week and we literally went back and forth for what seemed like 2 hours I'm not kidding. A group of other people started joining in the conversation and they were talking about racism.  They believed that only black people who keep the commandments will be saved. I had him read Mosiah 2:41... 

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." 

....and he was like, "yeah that's right."

After going back and forth with them for a while one of them said "alright you know what I respect you guys. I will read the Book of Mormon and we'll talk about it next time." So we will see how that goes!

We had ward visits after that. Then we went by Brother P. 's  place, he has a collection of Jordan's worth thousands of dollars and has 1 of 9 baseballs in the world signed by Babe Ruth himself. We stopped by another family's home later in the night and they talked to us for almost 30 minutes about how awesome they think Trump is doing as president and they fed us really good soup.  It was an awesome day! I was in Elder Higham's area so it was pretty nice😂

On Thursday we had a Special MLC conference, which is for Zone Leaders and District Leaders, which I am neither. Anyways me, Elder Bland, and Elder Thompson were the very few missionaries who weren't in a leadership position there. It was scary! Every one of those missionaries in that meeting are such powerful missionaries! I felt like a greenie shrimp haha😂idk what that means for us but who knows. Anyways it was really sweet! They had some people from the missionary department from Salt Lake. One of which, President Littlefield, helps the apostles assign missionaries to a specific mission! It was really cool to hear from him. They focused on the importance of members, especially in THIS mission. Members are KEY here in Mesa, we live off of referrals and street contacting. Speaking of which, on Friday we talked to this one guy named D. and he was awesome! We talked about his religious background and he and his family are looking for religion! So we have a lesson with him this week. He has a cool job, he makes the Cardinals football jerseys! Sooo sweet!

Today we had a good  P-day, we spent it with Elder Quist and Austin because they have a car. We went disc golfing and shopping at Winco! I love that place. Then we had to run to the mall and guess what?! They had a Pizza Pie Cafe! Ha so we went there and I felt like I was home! It was weird, but the missionaries get a discount there too, so that was awesome. Missionaries get so spoiled here in Mesa, but I'm not complaining😁 

Anyways I love you so much! I love your words of encouragement and everything you do for me! Its really hard to be away from home, but I do it because I know that I am needed here and I am serving my Heavenly Father.  I hope you have an amazing week Mom!! Love you!!❤😁
Love Elder Findlay

Like the car President T. gave us? 😉😉

Missionary correlation meeting with Brother H.👍