Monday, May 21, 2018

Transfers! Week #93

Hi Mom!

So I found out transfer news on Saturday night and I'm staying! Not really a surprise to me because President told me that this would be my last area, but it's still exciting. Elder Brown is being transferred and I'm getting a newer companion. His name is Elder Mathews, I think he's from Utah, but I don't know him very well. All I know is that he's only been out for 2 transfers so I'm greenie breaking him, I'm pretty excited about having a new comp :) We have a ton of potentials right now so it is going to be great! This next transfer is going to be a PARTY, Elder Fiti and I are still living together for his last transfer AND guess what? ELDER BURNINGHAM IS HIS COMP😂 So I get to live with my son for my last 2 transfers😂 It's a party house for sure, I love where I'm at right now. 

This week was really good, we had some good new member lessons with Marcus and Amanda. Marcus is doing awesome, and we set a temple date with him for June 9th to go the Gilbert temple. The crew(his friends) will all be coming too so it's going to be a fun experience. Amanda is doing alright, she's kind of been struggling because her parents have basically cut all contact with her. They don't want anything to do with her so it's been hard. But she is strong and is pushing her way through it. They are both new people in Christ, the Gospel really changes individuals. 

This week one of my best friends on the mission got baptized! My boy TJ finally entered the waters of baptism! It was such a special experience for me and for him. Elder Karren and I taught him last summer and he had a really spiritual experience, the first he'd ever had. After 9 months of on and off meeting with missionaries he was finally ready😁 He has come a VERY long way, and has really changed his life. More than anyone I've ever seen before. 


I can't think of much more that I want to write about. I love the Gospel and know that it's true. I find real happiness by studying it and trying to live it. I love you Momma! Your amazing, have a good week!

Love, Elder Findlay

 
My boi TJ at his baptism
Us with Nancy, she helps us out a ton haha😂
 We played corn hole at Elder Grabensteins funeral😭 
 (Elder Findlay's trainer's last day on the mission
Me and Fiti went undefeated

They put my desk in the bathroom...
I like it better that way any way ;) 
Elder Findlay and Elder Brown