Wednesday, May 9, 2018

It's May! Week #91

Hey Momma! 

Wow you already got my return itinerary? Haha what the heck, that is pretty weird to think about. I cant believe its May either! It's also starting to get warm here, yesterday it hit 105 so that was a little hot. Just trying to prepare myself for the hot summer again. Luckily I'm not biking in the heat so it isn't too bad...

Yeah our area is doing really well right now! Marqus and Amanda are doing GREAT and are still planning on being baptized this Saturday! It will be one of the coolest experiences but also a crazy busy day😂 I've never had 2 baptisms in one day! Amanda has come such a long way, she has changed so much because of the Gospel and she is basically a new person. You take one look at her and you know that she loves the Gospel. 

Marcus is the same exact way! He acts basically like a Mormon already,  and is super prepared and ready for the Gospel. He has been coming to church and has grown a ton. He now understands what his purpose is he has a lot of joy because of that. His baptism is going to be so fun, his friend group reminds me a lot of mine. The homies are real, these guys have been amazing examples to Marqus and that's the reason why he was interested in the first place. If we could just always live what we believe and stick to our standards, we would be baptizing everyone. They would see the light of Christ in us and want to have it too.  I'm excited to be a much better member missionary when I get home :)

Yeah I think I will probably finish my mission in this area, I don't want to move again. Now that I'm in YSA I'd rather not go back to a family ward, that's sounds bad but YSA is super fun :)

Anyways so about my eye, I got some sample daily contacts that I've been using for the last few days. They are doing good so far. I may need to get some when my sample run out. I'm nor sure though, I will have to talk to my doctor. Hopefully I can get back to normal soon.

So I had a cool experience this week. I had a friend from home, who isn't a member, email me saying that she has been reading the Book of Mormon and met with missionaries for the first time this week! I had taught her a little bit a year ago over Facebook but she wasn't ready yet,  and now she is! I'm so happy for her! She will most likely be baptized here pretty soon.  There isn't a better feeling then knowing one of your friends is discovering the truths of the Gospel! 

I think that was it for the week. Sharing the Gospel is a party, seriously it's super fun when you understand how to do it. I'm excited to continue to share the Gospel, I love it! Have a good week Momma! I love you!

Mission work crew

I ran into the Garner family at the temple this week!
I was so happy to see them all :)

This is Marcus, (wearing the black hat)
 who will be getting baptized on
Saturday, thanks in part to the amazing
example of his crew (friends).