Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Nice in Mesa Week #59

Hey Mom!!

Man the last few days have been a dream. The weather is sooo nice. It makes things so much more enjoyable. Sorry it's getting cold in UT, the good weather is just getting started here :) Yeah a member told me some of UT got some snow already, deep inside I knew you probably weren't excited about that. 

I did get to eat dinner with Melisa's (Cameron's aunt) parents! It was really awesome! They took us out for dinner and we had a good conversation. They were super kind to me and they said that if I ever need a place to stay, food, money, etc., they will help me out. It was a good time. Afterwards they even took us to a lesson with our investigator Al. And they picked us up afterwards. They are very kind people.  Even after a year I am still making connections in Mesa! 

I had a good week this week. I went on a bunch of exchanges with the elders in our district. The cool thing about it is that I'm in the same district I was in when I first came on the mission. So I was able to go to my greenie area twice! I loved it soooo much! I was able to stop by and visit so many people that I had taught previously and man were they excited to see me! My favorite part was that I was able to visit the Venegas family. Sister Venegas and her two sons were baptized when I was serving in that area and are now doing awesome! They are getting ready to go to the temple and do baptisms and they want me to be there so I'm really looking forward to that. I had another cool experience being in my first area. There was a lady I taught, her name was Angie. We had taught her a lot and she was on date for baptism and ready to go. Then I was transferred. Apparently for the last year the missionaries haven't been able to get into her home and teach her. I decided to drop by this week and she was really excited to see me and to make a long story short she is now going to meet with the missionaries again! I was super excited about it. I love seeing miracles like that. 

Nothing else too exciting happened this week. One thing that I learned this week was that the Book of Mormon can be applied to anyone and everyone. No matter what situation you are in or what obstacles you have ahead of you, The Book of Mormon can be applied to you and your circumstances. Why? Because God truly does know us personally. There is no doubt in my mind that He does. 

Sorry for the really short email, I don't have too much time today. I love you more than you know Mom. You are always in my prayers. Thanks for always sharing your testimony with me, it helps me strengthen mine a lot. It makes being on a mission easier knowing that your family has a love for the gospel. Have a great week! 

Love, Elder Findlay

Sorry no pictures this week