Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Happy Labor Day! Mesa Week #56

Hey Momma!

Happy Labor Day to you too! The lake looks like a lot of fun! Will this be your last trip up there? Just seeing the water makes me want to swim haha its so hot here, I could go for some Bear Lake water. And that's a real bummer to hear about Kaitlyn. That's no fun at all. I hope she gets feeling well soon. I'm sure Brett is a fantastic nurse😂

Where do I even start...this week was so great! (For the most part). Remember I talked a bit about TJ last week? Well he's so awesome! We met with him four times this last week and I have never seen so much change in someone before. One lesson we read the Book of Mormon with him, just the first chapter of 1 Nephi. We basically taught again points of the restoration from it and also helped TJ learn how to read and apply scripture. He had never prayed before, never read scriptures, and he came to church a few times but that was about it. He's a really smart kid, he read with us and had some good questions. We committed him to read from the Book of Mormon and pray about it. He said he would and he did! He prayed 3 times and read 4 chapters. He even took notes on what he learned and how he felt! He told us that he feels really good inside when he prays. We then taught him the Plan of Salvation and he was very touched by it. We really focused on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how He can heal us spiritually. It was cool because right after we had finished teaching about that, TJ said that he had been looking for this very point. He wanted to fix the mistakes he had made in the past and feel forgiveness. He just never knew how to do that. The spirit was really strong and that was when I invited him to be baptized and he said yes! He will be baptized on October 7th and it will be special. When we left the lesson and got to our car we celebrated quite a bit haha, finally things are turning around! I am super excited for him! Unfortunately we wont be able to teach him anymore because he is YSA age. So we handed him off to the other missionaries and away we went! I am kind of bummed that I don't get to teach him anymore but when WE succeed we ALL succeed. It's all the same work. I will be back for his baptism!😁 

We had another miracle this week. We received a Mormon.org referral of someone who was chatting online with other missionaries. We texted her and started asking why she wanted to talk with them. She told us that she wanted to join our church and didn't know how! You could probably imagine what I felt like when I read it haha, I was dumbfounded. I looked over at Elder Karren and asked "Is this for real?". Ha we both just started laughing and soaked up the blessing the Lord had given us! We are hoping to meet with this person this week and guide her to the waters of Baptism. 

Yeah Transfers are next Tuesday so that's pretty exciting, also kind of scary. Change is always scary, but that's how we grow. We actually had interviews with President Townsend and I asked about transfers and what possibilities there could be. He said that he might only have 2 sets of missionaries in our stake instead of 3. So that would mean either I would stay and pick up a 4th ward, or I will be transferred to somewhere else. I'm not sure what will happen but I'm excited to see what does. I really love this area, the people are so amazing and I've made so many friendships here. I will find out on Saturday where I will be!

Church was great yesterday, I love fast and testimony meeting. We met with some awesome families that night as well. We were driving home for the night when some lady blew through a red light and smashed into the front of our car when we were turning on a green arrow. I was the one driving, and I saw her coming and slowed down as much as I could but it was too late and we ran into each other. It wasn't too bad, her car was hurt more than ours was. No one was injured, it just made us late coming home haha. But all is well. A little sore but that's okay, I'll take it. It was definitely a blessing that it wasn't worse.

I think thats it for this week! I love seeing people change their lives so that they can follow the Savior. When people do that, they are blessed with so many blessings. More than they can count and I've seen that in my life. I love this Gospel and know its true! I love you Mom! You are such an amazing person!  Have a great week!

Love, Elder Findlay

#sunsets

A picture of Elder Findlay and Elder Karren
that someone texted me (mom) this week :)



Sky River Squad