Monday, March 26, 2018

Easter Pageant Forever! Week #85

Hey Momma! Happy Easter!

Happy p-day indeed! We just have plans to get some things done and then play some basketball as usual. It never gets old I tell ya, I will never stop playing ball😂 And I got your package! Super on point Mom. You know me too well, I LOVE Ogden Made stuff😁 And yes the shorts do fit, thanks! 

 FYI, Yes I LOVE the Lamb of God music! I probably have that whole CD memorized. When I was in Las Sendas we drove a TON and I probably listened to that CD 100+times😂 Your right, it’s such powerful music. You can’t listen to that and not feel the spirit...impossible. I love it. 

I can’t believe Brooke just left, man everyone is leaving now😂 I’m going to come home and no one will be home! GOOD! Everyone needs to be on a mission anyways. To answer your question, yes I do feel like I’ve received help from my relatives who have passed on. Someone who I feel like has been really close to me throughout my whole mission is my 4th Great Grandpa Hugh Findlay. He was a convert to the church and I’ve learned a lot about him while on my mission. I got a hold of his mission journal that he wrote while serving in Poona-India and Scotland. I’ve been reading it everyday for a long time and he and I  both have had some pretty similar experiences while being missionaries. He was the first missionary in India and started to teach the gospel in a land as foreign as he had ever seen. He struggled a long time to get a good group of members established but was able to do that with the help of God. It’s really cool to see what he learned and witnessed being a missionary during the beginning years of the church. I do feel like he’s helped me out a lot. It’s pretty sweet. 

This week felt pretty short, especially since we just had p-day on Tuesday. It was the first week of the Easter Pageant and it was AMAZING. We went every night(Wednesday, Thursday, Friday), except Saturday because that was the Spanish showing. We brought a lot of people who really needed the spirit that you can feel there. The first night we brought Itzel, she is an inactive member and her husband is not a member so we are working pretty close with them. She loved the Pageant and said that she really felt good while being there. On Thursday night we took Danny and he had a really spiritual experience as well. He is an excommunicated member and is super awesome. He has the strongest desire to come back to church and the Pageant really helped solidly his decision to do so. He has an appointment this week with Bishop for the first time! Lastly, on Friday night we went with one of our investigators Waldo. He is a cool dude, we actually dropped him a while ago but we felt like we should invite him to come and he did! He really enjoyed it and now wants to meet with us again! That night we also went with the Feinga family and they are awesome! Brother Feinga is a returned missionary, but they haven’t come to church for a while. Me and him connect really well, before the Pageant we were talking all about the NBA and the trade rumors going around. Anyways it was his wife’s first time seeing it and she also loved it! Pretty cool what an event like this can do for missionary work. It has been such a huge blessing. 

We have plans to go everyday this week so we are super excited! I love seeing it over and over again, especially since we’ve gotten front row almost every time. The whole experience makes Christ’s life more real to me. It helps me understand the purpose of his mission and how I can carry on that mission. At the end of the production, the whole cast of 500+ members come onto the stage and sing He Lives(not the hymn, but the Pageant song, (it will make you ball your eyes out if your not careful😂) very beautifully. I also add my testimony to theirs that HE LIVES. He is real. I know He lives!

I love you Mom! Thanks for everything you do. You're amazing. Have a good week and enjoy conference!
Love, Elder Findlay

A sea of people at the pageant

Front row seat view!

District Pic

This is the Mcrites, they leave on a mission next week.
 We’ve gotten really close with them.
 Brother Mcrite is the Stake Spanish patriarch.
He is a spiritual giant!

At the Garners house after dinner on Sunday



This Weeks car (truck!) pics...