Monday, January 15, 2018

TRANSFERS! Week #75


Hey Mom!

First off... Happy Birthday!! I sent you a letter on Saturday so I’m not sure when it will get there. Hopefully today or tomorrow :) Anyways how was it? I’m sure it was super good considering that it was on a Sunday! 

Yeah Sister Kenney emailed me about her postponing her trip to Mesa, so I will look for your packages :) And I’m glad Jack is balling a lot, I loved having multiple games a day. I could seriously play all day long. 

This week was super crazy as usual, there is seriously never a dull moment here in Mesa surprisingly. I guess to start, we had to turn our car in because it needed to go to the auto body shop. So this whole week we’ve been on foot and I actually really enjoyed it! I mean it got a little hot but it was worth it. It did take a lot longer to get places, planning had to be more precise but that was fine. It gave us a lot of opportunities to talk to people on the streets....and get yelled at😂 Part of our area is in the hood and so it’s kind of dangerous to walk through it. Well one day we didn’t have time to go around it so we had to walk through it. As we were walking a guy in a car pulled up next to us and he says “You Mormons have a lot of guts walking in here”. He stopped the car and looked super mad, I thought he was going to get out and beat us, I thought I was a dead man😂 He goes on to say “I respect you fellas, God Bless and BE CAREFUL”. I was so relieved haha, we then quickly walked out of the area. I guess you could call that a tender mercy.

We were able to go to the temple on Friday, we went with a recent convert in one of our wards. She was getting her Endowments and it was a special experience. She felt the spirit so strong and was in awe. It strengthens my testimony of the temple even more, I love the temple. There is no place on earth closer to God than the Temple of the Lord. 

I have some cool news about our district! We have s senior couple now! I’m so hyped for that. Their names are Elder and Sister Wilkes and they are saints. This was their first week and they had a great time. It’s really nice, Sister Wilkes acts like our mother and takes good care of us. They’ve been helping us out with rides and other things. There are only 3 sets in the whole mission, we are blessed to have one in our district. 

So as you know by the title of my email it’s that time again, transfers! This transfer flew by, not sure what happened. Anyways I was expecting Elder Draper to leave and I would get a new companion, well I was right! Elder Draper is going out east to Apache Junction, he will be in a trio😂 As for me, well it’s not what I expected at all. Two nights before transfer news I received a call from President Townsend and he asked me to be a Trainer! I didn’t expect that at all....I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. But I'm also excited at the same time, these wards are soooo good, a perfect place for a new missionary. There are only 4 new missionaries coming in this transfer so I guess I got lucky! I will be picking him up on Tuesday night, and we will be biking so that will be fun. I’m excited to bike again, except for the fact that it’s warming up in Mesa. Anyways I'm definitely going to have to rely on the Lord and the Spirit for help. I feel super unqualified and unprepared but I know that the Lord qualifies who he calls! That’s been keeping me pumped! I’m officially going to be a Dad😅

The Carrazcos came to church again! They are doing so great, especially Brother Carrazco, he is opening up a lot more. They are really seeing a change in their lives as they continue to come to church and read from the Book of Mormon. We met with them yesterday and had a solid lesson with them. We read about the 2000 stripling warriors and they loved it. Then we got talking and it turns out that Brother Carrazcos Little Brother who is 15 isn’t baptized! He’s expressed interest in being baptized as well! That is a new good lead that we have,  so we want to help Brother Carrazco get the priesthood and then baptize his Brother. That would be a miracle. I’ve seen miraculous things happen and I know that this is possible. 

To answer your question yes there is a nice park across the street from the temple.  It just spent the last 6 months under construction and now it’s finished. They wanted to clean it up because that’s where all the homeless people live.

I will watch for your packages this week:) I love you so much Momma! Have a great week!
Love, Elder Findlay
This is the new park across from the temple

Our last district meeting

I could send a picture of my Sunday lunch sack every week!
 Sister Garner is the best.
 Jakey and Mae Mae colored this one



Here is a video of some p-day business...haha
I've tried to catch an actual dunk on
video but it wears me out!