Monday, May 8, 2017

Last Days in Mesa East- Week 39

Hello!
Such a successful week! We found a couple investigators who are actually super solid and they are doing great right now! We've had some awesome lessons with them. And yes we found out transfer news! Which I am really really excited about because I GET A CAR!!!!!!😝 Ah man I'm so excited about that. And funny enough my new companion is Elder Nuttal. Yep he is the one who lives in Grandma and Grandpa Mckinneys ward. I'm pretty sure they are talking to my pres and telling him to put me with all the people they know from home😂Haha! Anyways he is fresh out of being AP and training so he'll probably work my butt off. But that's good! Plus I'm pretty sure this is his last transfer so I will be his last comp😂.

I am still in the valley, but I will be in the Salt River Stake which is more north of our mission. My wards are Las Sendas, Thunder Mountain, and Stonebridge wards. Apparently it is one of the richest areas in our mission. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. Its tough to teach people who have everything they want and are happy where they are. I also live in a members house which will be new for me. I won't
have roommates which kind of stinks but I think it will help me focus on the work a little better. Another great thing about where I live is that I am surrounded by like 4 beautiful golf courses! One of which is Longbow, where we have been spending our p-days. Elder Nuttal is going to learn to golf😂

Today has been super chill, we went to the Tahliahni's house with our zone and their house is the one that looks like a hotel. We had breakfast there and played a bunch of games in their game room. Then we played some outdoor basketball which was pretty fun. The weather took a HUGE drop! Its been super nice. It was I think 107 on Saturday then it dropped to 66 yesterday and today it's like 74 degrees! Kind
of bi-polar weather here in AZ! We are going golfing again today and thank goodness the weather is good so we won't die of sweat😂 It's Elder Higham's B-day so we are gonna party.

So I got an email from C (one of his best friends) and he's been on his mission for about 4 months now I think. But he has a bulging disc in his back and its been giving him a lot of pain and he hasn't been able to walk and do things like that. He talked to his mission president and they decided that it would be best for him to go home and recover fully and then come back out. He's pretty bummed out about it but says that God has a plan for him and right now it is for him to go home and rest. I'm kind of having a hard time with the whole thing right now but I'll get over it. I know that it's in Gods hands right now and that it will all work out😁

And about the Anti mormon stuff (I asked him), we get it ALL the time. People literally give us typed up papers full of statements saying why Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet or why the Book of Mormon isn't true. Really we are not supposed to Bible bash because that doesn't bring anything good, so we just say have you read the BOM? Which they always say they haven't, then I just say okay read it and then we can talk.
 Have a great day!😂 I just feel sorry for them, they don't know what they are missing out on. The gospel is TRUE!!!

I'm super excited to talk to you guys on Sunday!

Well I love you momma! You are the best! I love hearing your testimony in your emails! Thanks for all you do to support me out here! Talk to ya on Sunday!! Love you!



ps...sorry we only take pictures on p-day most of the time, so I don't have many pics of me actually working...haha!
p-day at the hotel house


#mesaeastsavages :)

Me and my man Bro Merril

HOT HOT HOT already!