Monday, August 13, 2018

Come What May and Love It! Last week in Mesa #105

Hi Mom!

This is my last email as a missionary :/ Kind of a weird thought I know. I feel like this has been my whole life haha, it will be different not being in Mesa anymore. 

The reoccurring subject that I noticed in our 3 wards on Sunday was CHANGE. How change is uncomfortable, scary, intimidating, etc. It's not something that we necessarily enjoy, BUT it is something that helps us learn and grow. It's scary making the change back to regular life because all I know is how to be a missionary right now๐Ÿ˜‚. When we view change, we need to have the outcome in mind. Understand that Heavenly Father knows what is best for YOU and YOUR life. As we trust him, he will make the best outcome for us. "COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT". I know that God will always make change a positive experience for us as we trust in Him and live our best. 

Answers to your questions: 
1. So we are going to the mission home tonight for dinner with our mission President and then I don't know what they are going to do after that haha
2. I've said most of my goodbyes already:( 
3. Yep my stuff fits! (in his suitcases)
4. I'm handling everything okay, I'm sad but that's how it is with any goodbye
5. Is there anything you can do for me? Hmmm, not really Haha! You've done it all๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

 I have really enjoyed serving here. I have a hard time putting into words how I feel about this place and the people especially. They all mean so much to me and have impacted me in every way possible. You know, they say that the people you meet on your mission will become friends for the eternities and I definitely believe that. Especially in this last area, being in YSA I've made so many close friends. I'm basically leaving a piece of my heart here. I will miss them soooooo much. 

I love you Momma! Thanks for supporting me for a good two years. Can't wait to see ya! Bye!
Love, Elder Findlay

a few final goodbyes.....

Garner Family



My comp from last summer, Elder Nuttal
came to visit me on my last p-day