Monday, February 12, 2018

Love... Week #79

Hello!
I’m glad you saw the picture of our mission conference! (It was posted on the Arizona Mesa Mission facebook page) It was a super cool experience that’s for sure. It’s always fun to be with the whole mission, I’ve been out long enough that I know everyone. Ha! It’s made me realized how many friends I’ve made on the mission😂 When Elder Cook was sitting behind me I could feel him searching my soul😜 Just kidding, but when he was speaking at the pulpit he said “When I shake your hands and look you eye to eye, I interview each of you individually...and you all passed!”. Ha it was pretty cool. 

Elder Uceda and Elder Cook had a lot of great things to say at our conference. Elder Juan Uceda taught about the importance of prayer in the conversion process. He basically dissected the word “exhort” which is found in Moroni 10:3-5. It brought a new meaning to the scripture itself, that way we can teach it to our investigators more powerfully. Exhort is basically a COMMAND to us and how we need to read and pray about the Book of Mormon in order to become converted to Jesus Christ. 

Elder Cook talked about having an urgency in the mission. Not only in the mission but in life. We are living in the restoration of the fullness of times and we need to be urgent in doing the Lords work. His talk was very inspiring and you can absolutely tell and feel that he is an apostle of the Lord. I know that he is. He also gave an amazing apostolic blessing on the Mesa Mission. He basically said that we will all find joy in our missions as we serve with our all in an urgent manner. I will always remember his words to us.

I got your package today! Thanks so much! I’m so grateful for the easiness of sending stuff to Mesa😊 

I can’t believe Jack is turning 15, he’ll be driving so soon😅 It will be super weird to see that. 

We had a bunch of Good lessons this week with new investigators! We are teaching a lady from Sri Lanka, an island south of India. Her name is Portia and she has been in the US for only a week. She is VERY smart and has already started to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! She is super open too so hopefully she continues to want to learn about the gospel :) 

We also taught some of our other investigators, one of which is José. He is super awesome. He just got out of prison after 12 years. We have been teaching him and he is very open and humble. He is working a night job and so it’s been difficult trying to meet during the day because he is sleeping a lot but we’ve been able to work it out though.

Other than that there was a lot of time spent trying to find the elect of God's children, people who are prepared to receive the gospel. Me and Elder Burningham are going to work really hard this week and find them. We are also going to fast and I know that it will help us in our search.  I have complete confidence that we can with the Lords help. I love being able to have such confidence in God, He always delivers. 

I am greatful to be an Arizona Mesa Missionary! It’s the funnest thing in the world, I can’t wait to serve the next 6 months with a smile on my face😊 I love you so much Mom! Your such an amazing person, have a good week!
Love, Elder Findlay


Arizona Mesa Mission special conference with
 Quentin L. Cook and Juan A. Uceda.
 Elder Findlay is FRONT and CENTER,
right in front of Elder Cook and his wife.

Zone lunch pic #1

Zone lunch pic #2

We got to go out of the mission this week
because Elder B had to see an orthodontist.
 So we went to Tempe and Chandler,
and it was sooooo fun! I love going
 outside the mission while still being obedient😂
We went to this place called Caine’s Chicken
which was the best chicken I’ve ever had.
 T
oo bad we don’t have one in our mission😭